Get a Voki now!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tool # 10

Some of the free educational apps I most like are:
Google Earth: It is really fun to travel just with a touch from your current location to anywhere you want. It is very descriptive and show you in real life how the street or zone looks like. You can zoom your view and see the name of streets and have geographic information. I located the street were I used to lived in Cartagena, Colombia and it was really fun for me to recognize the houses, thanks to the perfect view google earth showed.
NASA Lunar Electric Rover Simulator: I personally did not try this one, but my husband was playing a little bit with it. I see more boys than girls interested in this application because it has a lot of action, great information on current NASA lunar rovers and it seems to be a fun game.
KenKen Lite: I really like this apps because you make kids apply higher level thinking to solve puzzles using math concepts. I even sign up for free puzzles that they send it directly to your e-mail and based on the grade level you requested.

It was really fun to play for a while in the Apple store, I think kids will love to use these mobile technology and apps in the classroom, considering the idea that student's now days are digital learners so we have to find out how we can teach them through digital delivery of content.

1 comment:

  1. I do not what happened but for sure I uploaded the picture. Tomorrow I will try it again, now I am going to sleep.

    ReplyDelete